Basic Editing 1: General Rules and Punctuation
Whether you’re a business professional or a student, an aspiring writer or a prospective employee, a strong grasp of grammar helps you express yourself more clearly and be taken more seriously.
A clear understanding of these simple grammar rules can make you a more attractive candidate for any position—the ability to succinctly express yourself often affects others’ perception of your abilities.
This also comes into play when addressing clients. Your clients may depend on you, and misuse of the language can be one of the fastest ways to lose a client’s trust.
Even for something as simple as regular company or client emails, anyone who works with words can benefit from a strong command of the language, and this workshop makes it simple!
This interactive workshop assumes you have a basic understanding of English, but want to be clearer and more eloquent in text. We’ll use examples and worksheets to help make the rules simple and clear. Whatever your final goal, this is a great place to start.
Among other things, we’ll cover:
- commas (including the Oxford comma)
- hyphens and dashes
- plurals and possessives
- title case
This workshop runs on Tuesdays and some Thursdays. See the sidebar (or below) for the upcoming schedule. Cost: $19.99.
I look forward to seeing you there!
- Tuesday, February 2, 2016: 7–9 p.m. MST
- Tuesday, February 9, 2016: 7–9 p.m. MST
- Thursday, February 16, 2016: 7–9 p.m. MST
- Tuesday, February 23, 2016: 7–9 p.m. MST
- Tuesday, March 1, 2016: 7–9 p.m. MST
- Tuesday, March 8, 2016: 7–9 p.m. MST
- Tuesday, March 15, 2016: 7–9 p.m. MST
- Tuesday, March 22, 2016: 7–9 p.m. MST
- Tuesday, March 29, 2016: 7–9 p.m. MST